What is your balance of focus on your carbon-based workforce vs. your digital workforce?
Future Workforce Asia Summit 2019 April 10-11 Singapore
With all due respect to your digital workforce, your carbon-based employees seem to be the main focus of Future Workforce Asia. As profitability, productivity and overall business performance improve, how can you keep your best talent loyal and motivated?
The work is changing, the workforce is advancing and an optimal workplace is more and more a key differentiator. Singapore University CHRO, Dr. Jaclyn Lee and her fellow CHRA Michale Fung of SkillsFuture dive in on transforming each component of that three legged stool.
CXO PANEL: Strengthening Enterprise Resilience for the Future – Redesigning Work, Workforce and Workplaces
Mr Michael Fung - Deputy Chief Executive (Industry), Chief Human Resource Officer & Chief Data Officer, SkillsFuture SG
Dr Jaclyn Lee - Chief Human Resources Officer, Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD)
- Action plan build to transform the workforce and workplace of tomorrow
- Challenges and opportunities in today’s shifting workforce demographics
- Adopting agile leadership and mindset in reshaping workforce development
Mr Michael Fung, Deputy Chief Executive (Industry), Chief Human Resource Officer & Chief Data Officer, SkillsFuture SG
Dr Jaclyn Lee, Chief Human Resources Officer, Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD)
Upskill position and performance
Is it good enough to receive the same amount of productivity out of your employee in a different role? Or should there be more expected from the employee who is newly freed of expediting repetitive non-profit forming tasks? Great questions for a CFO of a major enterprise to answer.
Strategies for Improved People Performance
- Breaking down operational silos to advance workforce excellence
- Transforming operations management for a digital world
- People, platforms and work – How process redesign can address structural change, capability gaps and operational excellence
Mr Joerg Zeugner, Chief Financial Officer, Chief Operating Officer & Head of Services, Allianz Management & Operations Services
There are a few digital workforce focused sessions on the Future Workforce Asia Summit agenda and DBS Bank’s Bidyut Dumra delivers one through his focus on how artificial intelligence can be harnessed by the enterprise.
Re-Engineering Existing Business Operations to Build a Cognitive Workforce
- Harnessing artificial intelligence for enterprise preparedness and digital readiness
- How is cognitive computing transforming HR and the employee experience?
- Recognizing the cognitive ‘sweet spot’ for business impact and getting the most out of your digital workforce
Mr Bidyut Dumra, Executive Director, Head of Innovation, DBS Bank
Predictive analytics seemingly are on the docket for this panel session that dives in on total workforce visibility and optimization. While the end-goal is a data-driven enterprise, it will be interesting to see what focus is given to the digital vs. carbon-based workforce on actual decision making.
PANEL: Becoming a Data-Driven Enterprise to Empower Business Decisions and Performance
- Investing in data analytics to achieve total workforce visibility and workforce optimization
- Making informed and effective decisions with reliable and actionable data sources
- Focusing on user empowerment and eliminating barriers towards a data-driven enterprise
Mr Lim Teck Yong, Regional Head of Operations & People, Shopee
Ms Rajvansh Kaur Sandhu, Regional Head of IT – Asia Pacific & Middle East, British American Tobacco
Susan Chen has both organization development and transformation in her title which seems to say that she actually has responsibility for both the digital workforce and carbon-based workforce. That makes all the more interesting, her focus on innovative learning and development programs.
Introducing Innovative Learning and Development Programs that Align with Overall Business Goals
- Synchronising training goals with business objectives and supporting new learning in the workplace
- Accessing bite sized learning and training tools anytime, anywhere
- Putting in place talent management strategies to create a higher performing workforce
Ms Susan Chen, Senior Vice President, Head of Organisation Development & Transformation, Go-Jek