Pre-Conference Workshops: Monday, 12 August 2019
8:00 am - 10:00 am BREAK DOWN THE BARRIERS IN YOUR DATADRIVEN JOURNEY TO DRIVE YOUR SUCCESS STRATEGY FOR ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE
This workshop explores the barriers that prevent organisations from progressing with AI investments and to identify the pain points within the journey to map out a strategic and actionable vision. This vision must bring together all the divisions within the organisation and break down the traditional frameworks and approaches and explore outside of one’s expertise.
In this workshop, participants will walk away with:
- A clearer vision of their AI growth strategy and how to address the pain points along the journey
- Identifying and capitalizing on internal resources and capabilities
- A framework for data standards tailored to the needs of their organisations
Dr. Haydn ReadChief Data & Analytics Officer - New Ventures
10:30 am - 12:30 pm DESIGNING FOR IMPACT: USING STRATEGIC DESIGN TOOLS TO INFORM YOUR DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION STRATEGIES WITH POWERFUL INSIGHTS
As the nature of roles shift to fit in with the requirements of the business, it is important that organisations are set up to design their transformation for impact. Bringing over 20 years of international experience, Tamsin has provided training programs across the healthcare continuum, and focuses on digital leadership and health service transformation at the University of Singapore.
In this workshop, participants will learn how to:
- Apply design thinking principles into your organisation to develop a deeper understanding of user needs and how to translate this into a viable strategy
- Design training programs to train future data scientists, story tellers and engineers with transformational skills for a digital future
- Scale and embed human-centric design into the organisation
Tamsin Greulich-SmithChief of Smart Health Leadership Centre
Institute of Systems & Science, National University of Singapore
1:30 pm - 3:30 pm DEVELOPING A WINNING ORGANISATIONAL CASE TO WIN STAKEHOLDER SUPPORT FOR YOUR AIDRIVEN PROJECTS
For many organisations in the Public Sector, driving a digitally-driven culture is a common challenge due to the complexity of emerging technologies and the organisation’s appetite for change. This shift in mindset requires all stakeholders to embrace data and particularly how to leverage it to successfully run AIcentred applications.
In this workshop, participants will walk away:
- Understanding the top-down executive influence and bringing everyone on-board with a digital vision for the organisation
- Toolkit to address stakeholder concerns on AI initiatives and how to overcome resistance to change with an effective narrative
- Setting the right frameworks for data governance and management right from the start
- Balancing the need for AI investments and its role in complementing human activity
Philip MuehleckProgram Director