Australian Smart Communities Association
Conference Day One: Tuesday, 13 August 2019
Tuesday, August 13th, 2019
12:10 PM AI IN PRACTICE: Early Experimentation of AI in Local Governments to Improve Service Efficiency
For Local Governments, sustaining a livable future means the quality of living for their citizens are at the top of the priority list and understanding the practical capabilities of AI are essential to invest in resources and services needed.
Learn about the early experimentation projects of AI in Local Governments from Matthew Schultz, President of the Smart Communities Association, as he draws from his 23 years+ experience and leadership expertise in smart city, connectivity, data, IoT and spatial visualisation.
- Use case examples:
- Early object recognition from Video CCTV
- Automated feature extraction from aerial imagery
- AI in predictive analytics for improved asset management
- AI and drones to improve crowd and traffic control for community events and festivals
- Identify the practical capabilities of AI to separate the hype
- Ensuring AI is used in an open and interoperable manner to simplify the collection process