Pre-Conference Workshops: Monday, 12 August 2019
Sunday, December 8th, 2019
1:30 PM DEVELOPING A WINNING ORGANISATIONAL CASE TO WIN STAKEHOLDER SUPPORT FOR YOUR AIDRIVEN PROJECTS
For many organisations in the Public Sector, driving a digitally-driven culture is a common challenge due to the complexity of emerging technologies and the organisation’s appetite for change. This shift in mindset requires all stakeholders to embrace data and particularly how to leverage it to successfully run AIcentred applications.
In this workshop, participants will walk away:
- Understanding the top-down executive influence and bringing everyone on-board with a digital vision for the organisation
- Toolkit to address stakeholder concerns on AI initiatives and how to overcome resistance to change with an effective narrative
- Setting the right frameworks for data governance and management right from the start
- Balancing the need for AI investments and its role in complementing human activity
Conference Day One: Tuesday, 13 August 2019
Tuesday, August 13th, 2019
2:30 PM PANEL DISCUSSION: Addressing the Risk and Ethical Concerns Associated with AI adoption to Ensure a Sustainable and Responsible Future for Digital Innovation
As systems become more capable to interpret, analyse and translate information, the scope for AI expands and with it, brings new territory for ethical and risk related discussions. This panel will bring together leaders in the Government industry to assess the challenges around adopting AI, finding the right balance between innovation and human satisfaction, future-proofing employment prospects and prioritizing equality.
- Paradigm shift of risk perception as technologies emerge and what are the protections needed to address societal concerns?
- How do we ensure the set of policies created will protect communities from ethical concerns i.e. un/underemployment, inequality, human-to-machine interaction, algorithmic bias, robotic rights and more
- AI Implications on risk mitigation, management, governance frameworks and innovation