Conference Day One
Monday, September 9th, 2019
9:20 AM Chairperson’s Opening Remarks
With AI having said to have an impact of 14% on UAE’s GDP and 12.4% of Saudi Arabia’s GDP by 2030, there is no doubt that the Middle East is going to lead the race in the AI revolution. From government operations to healthcare, to finance and almost everything we do going forward, AI will change the way businesses operate
Key question: Are we ready to move into a world influenced by AI?
- Do we need AI and which industries really need it?
- How do we evaluate ROI and how fast you need to implement this?
- Do we have what it takes to govern and control AI?
10:20 AM Fireside Chat - Where we are, where we ought to be – Reviewing Smart Dubai’s AI initiatives and a glimpse at what’s coming next
10:40 AM EXECUTIVE DISCUSSION: Lessons Learnt: Where does AI fit in your organisation or society? Identifying areas requiring disruption and evaluating the value added
Almost everyday, multiple stories of successful deployment and use of AI technologies across the world arise. However, what we don’t see are the unsuccessful trials and the numerous struggles to deliver the promises this hyped-up technology offers. Learning from each other and understanding the reasons behind others failures is crucial to understand the best possible strategy.
Key question: How to identify where to implement AI and where it can bring maximum returns?
- Understanding needs, drivers and priorities to identify areas requiring attention
- A clear direction is key to the value proposition
- Do you have the right set of people for it? Does your board believe in what you aim to achieve with AI?
Conference Day Two
Tuesday, September 10th, 2019
9:40 AM Chairperson’s Opening Remarks
- AI in banking trends, applications and the way to go forward in creating an AI powered banking system
- ING's AI journey and roadmap
- Current and future priorities