AiiA February roundup on: Process
Thought provoking pieces on what affects you
February’s roundup on business processes exemplifies some of the biggest enterprise names, discusses the latest trends in processes, and finally—and most importantly—offers a myriad of in-depth resources to successfully implement key processes into your business.
Everyone knows the story of the birth of the Post-it Note - how it was an accidental discovery that became one of 3M’s most beloved products. What you may not know is that it didn’t happen overnight, and it wasn’t entirely an accident.
Google is another famous example of innovation being coded into the company culture.
Products like Gmail, AdSense and Google News have resulted because the company allows its developers time to think of creative opportunities for growth. Reports suggest up to 20% of some teams’ time is devoted to ‘pet projects’ and out-of-the-box ideas that are developed at the ground level and outside the typical channels.
Topics in this article:
- Innovation is not a happy accident
- How to look and listen
- Taking the roof off with “blue-sky” brainstorming
- Resource it like you mean it
- How to innovate at your scale
AI add-ons will expand the automation potential, giving bots the ability to perform tasks that would be far beyond RPA alone, but it should not be thought of as a magic fix for your processes. Before starting to automate the process, Einar Michaelsen recommends having a holistic end-to-end approach to fixing your processes whether you are using RPA or RPA and AI together.
The six-step fix for preparing processes for automation detailed in this article includes:
- Adding AI
Process and operational excellence have always relied upon data, whether in the application of a lean six sigma methodology or conducting a major process mining project.
In 2020, business processes are speeding up, thanks to recent advances in sensing and mobility technology. The ability of sensors to gather an abundance of data, along with the reduction in size, weight and cost of sensors, has led to an increase in their number and mobility, enabling process automation to leave the computer desktop and offer better targeted insights and visibility from a range of scenarios and industries.
In this whitepaper, experts Donald Kuk, Jonathan Hobday and John Keogh discuss:
- How sensing and mobility are transforming the PEX landscape
- The factors that are driving innovation and development
- The issues PEX practitioners need to consider when implementing this new technology
Over half of all companies are on their way to RPA adoption, with experts expecting this number to rise to 72 per cent within the next two years.
Unfortunately, the data also suggests that as many as 50 per cent of initial RPA projects fail due to poor planning, lack of adequately trained technical staff, unrealistic expectations, or other unforeseen obstacles.
In this whitepaper you will learn:
- How to overcome the roadblocks to RPA adoption
- Understand where your business is on the automation spectrum - and how to take it where it should be
- Six steps for beginning your RPA program to ensure your business is in the right place to expand the technology further as required
A McKinsey survey has found that although 84 per cent of global executives said innovation was “extremely important,” only six per cent were satisfied with their own organization’s ability to innovate.
This whitepaper looks at how long-established companies have successfully managed to innovate by examining four behaviors that can be applied to organizations of any size or age.
In this whitepaper, you will learn:
- Examples of innovation from companies such as Anheuser-Busch InBev, USAA and Target
- The factors that hold back innovation (and how to overcome them)
- Planning the innovation journey from strategy to scale
Innovation and agility are essential in a fast-changing business environment and can be the difference between leading the market and becoming irrelevant. This webinar covers overcoming barriers in continuous improvement initiatives.
Watch this on-demand webinar for a conversation between operational excellence professionals Kieran Coughlan and Matt Spears as they discuss overcoming common barriers to continuous improvement and fostering innovation amongst organizational processes.
In this session you will learn:
- How to establish a foundation for innovation
- Barriers to continuous improvement and how to overcome them
- How to create the right environment for success within your organization
Robotic process automation (RPA) and artificial intelligence (AI) are virtually unavoidable in the business landscape and before we know it, the same will be said about our daily lives. That’s why business leaders who value keeping a competitive edge are taking full advantage of these performance-boosting technologies to create highly efficient purchase-to-pay (P2P) cycles.
This insightful eBook tells you everything you need to know about why RPA and AI are behind P2P digital transformation, and outlines the host of strategic benefits they provide, including:
- Complete visibility over all interactions and transactions thanks to tailored dashboards
- Enhanced speed and accuracy by removing redundant tasks and human processing errors
- Optimized staff productivity with more time to perform business-critical tasks