The CIO & IT role in digital transformation [VIDEO]
Transformation with Tony Saldanha: The CIO & IT role in digital transformation
In this week’s installment of Transformation, Tony and Seth talk about the changing role of CIO and the IT organization.
- CEOs face a new dilemma when it comes to defining the role of CIO as it applies to transformation.
- The Fourth Industrial Revolution has forced a new set of roles upon CIOs.
- Tony touches on the skills necessary for the modern CIO, including governance as it applies to today’s operations.
- They must also have the ability to encourage and enable transformation—not necessarily force or apply that transformation on their own.
- The IT skillset is also evolving. Tony elaborates on the importance of an IT department to be both business savvy and creative in a way that hasn’t been typical or necessary in the past.
- In order to stay relevant as a CIO or IT operator, reskilling and evolution is critical.
To hear specific examples of the points above and glean additional insights from Tony, watch the full conversation below.