Transformation, Failure, ROI and Enterprise Scaling at IA Middle East
The Middle Eastern RPA & Intelligent Automation Forum Returns for the third time, Feb 19-20 in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
The 3rd Annual Middle Eastern RPA & Intelligent Automation Forum brings in global thought leaders to discuss and debate enterprise and industry readiness.
The Day 1 program asks the question:
In a word: Yes. But in a sentence: Yes, but if you’re focused only on savings you’re on a fool’s errand.
And in a paragraph: Yes, but this program understands that it’s not a yes or no answer. While you’re reaping rewards from efficiencies you’re able to focus up skilled and up scaled talent on new and different opportunities. Jeroen Van Genuchten shares his thoughts on the fact that Robotics & AI is actually the key to transformative revenue generation:
The robots are coming: Time to prepare for the future and to be part of the $2.9 billion estimated size of the global automation market by 2020
Jeroen will share his journey on what it took to coordinate the global RPA activities and delivers services to up to 15 ING units worldwide that use RPA in their operational processes.
- Towards the Robot employment agency: Global solutions for scaling up and down
- Making robotics smarter: How we leverage our 10 years of RPA experience in our AI journey
- How Virtual Assistant Marie in Belgium and Emma in Czech Republic are serving ING‘s customers
- Being agile all the way: why transformation towards a data driven organisation is essential
The agenda turns to automation failure and it’s likely that the reference to launching your strategy also applies to re-launching your strategy. That statistic is right here in the title that anywhere from 1/3 to ½ of implementations fail- that’s remarkable. After all of these years of transformation, process improvement and evolving culture- for intelligent automation to have gone so wrong, so often is gob smacking. An explanation that must be considered in the face of that much failure is that business people were in charge of technology with no insight from technologists:
#AUTOMATIONFAIL: How to avoid the top 10 pitfalls when launching your RPA Strategy: Early prevention to avoid being one of the 30-50% of RPA implementation projects that fail
Examples of the most common pitfalls:
- Lack of preparation, how to develop a critical detailed strategy in advance for a successful RPA adoption
- Lack of adequate communication, Which channels are the most effective ones for clear communication
- Not defining new roles, how RPA will cause a shift within the organisation and defines new roles for employees due to new tasks and workflow
Procurement Process Automation Strategy & Planning Lead
Head of IT
HMH-Hospitality Management Holding
Senior Director Information Technology
The Day 2 program dives into ROI with a focus on:
MAXIMISING THE FULL OPPORTUNITIES OF RPA: HOW TO ACHIEVE RETURN ON INVESTMENT FOR RPA FROM UP TO 200%
AXA Belgium is due to present a case study with the promise of ML/AI discussion. While the session bullets do suggest it’s early days- there’s clear momentum here. And American’s will surely appreciate the fourth bullet point referencing a call to arms from the inaugural address of their 35th president:
Intelligent Automation, Machine Learning & RPA at AXA, Belgium - from vision to reality: Start small & fast, how AXA Belgium took RPA & AI to the next level in a matter of months!
AXA changed the face of insurance by capitalising on opportunities of what digital innovation has to offer for customer experience and other areas of the company. Christophe Castan evolves at the intersection of the scientific approach of AI and the reality of the business needs to deliver tangible results. Christophe will share insights on the journey from process to data to AI-driven roadmaps and how to achieve best outcomes.
- AI tech: How to set up your teams to deliver successes in production
- The role of Machine Learning to automate classification at scale: How to go from POC to PROD in less than 6 month
- How to scale it further and leverage even more mature technologies
- Ask not only what AI can do for you, ask what you can do for AI: the business side of AI
Head of Artificial Intelligence, Digital Transformation
There’s certainly more on the agenda worth your time if you’re still in need of some solid strategy assistance including the session: RPA for Enterprises: Scaling RPA to cross-functions in your business: HR, Customer Service, Finance, Operation and, IT from Nalin Tripathi - General Manager, Shared Services Finance, Al Futtaim